Music and Bands
- PayPal button In WordPress and Divi
- PHP, MYSQL, Permissions for WordPress on Server 2008 with IIS7
- Database in Corona Labs – CRUD project, ROUND 2
- Database in Corona Labs – Lua – CRUD Project
- Home Server and Dates – Unable to connect problem
- Logitech M510 mouse and K750 solar powered keyboard
- Hostgator and Dreamweaver and MySql databases
- Share Mouse with Mac and PC Screens and Keyboard
- The Arduino-Zak Jenn-air oven controller
- The Arduino Cooks – or Why I bought a Jenn-Air oven
- Arduino – smoothing out a bit
- Arduino Uno – my rough start
- Damn it, not another scam email OR Fun With A Scammer
- osTickets – open source support ticket solution
- Update on the GODADDY Incident
- My Encounter with GODADDY or Customer Service Shines
- Using Appcelerator Titanium APPs
- Editing on the PC, Compile on the MacBook
- Appcelerator Titanium Certification Training
- Off to be Certified but San Francisco First
- Tomorrow came – and so did the Atrix 4g
- Atrix 4g Here tomorrow or Bye iPhone
- Appcelerator Titanium Update
- Appcelerator Titanium on Windows 7
- My First Useful App
- Snipping Tool – Screen Captures
I welcome your questions or comments –
Leon "Corky" Zak
This is assortment of things that I wanted to put up that may help others or it may be something they’re interested in, or things they’ll read and go “Why did I read that ?” like I do on some of the sites I go to.
A little About
I started Zak Software in 1982 doing database and programming after leaving Eastman Kodak where I did roll coating, electronics development, testing and such. I went to Kodak in 1969 because I needed a “real” job – disco had started to kill the live band market and I had a family started. After a 15 year stretch I came to the realization that Kodak was a chemical company holding the belive that “Digital will never overtake the film business.” And that statement was made while I was in my lab using a 2-4 pixel digital chip to read the position of magnetic strip on file while it was being made. I decided it was time to start my own business – hence the beginning of Zak Software Inc.
When the net came along I got into it pretty quickly. Started by doing a few web sites and then decided I wanted one. I was working with Maria Friske and David Cowles – they formed our first “graphics department”. I wanted a site to put the various things Zaks and I did and I forget which one (if they every read this and it matters they can let me know) came up with this logo. Taking a look at it through the Wayback Machine at http://www.archive.org/web/web.php it shows what we’ve used it from 1996 to sometime in 1999.
I’ve thought about putting a site up with various stuff and found a copy of the logo. What the heck, it works and geez – it’s an antique.
So the stuff here is just anything I want to put somewhere. Some programming things that I found helpful, maybe they’ll help someone else or just make someone smile.
When I was 13 or 14 my sister got this idea to record her kids while they were young. With this in mind she bought a Wollensak 1/4″ tape recorder. This was a great idea – only she had no clue how to operate it. But you need to realize it was a different world then – you didn’t just push the button.
Here’s a list of some of the groups and people that are included – this is as I remember, but this starts over 50 years ago so if you remember it better than me, or I forgot someone, or I spelled your name wrong, please let me know: CLICK HERE to read more and hear some music samples.
- The Galaxies
- The Majestics
- The Show Stoppers
- The Obsessions / The Vistas
- Jacobs Downtown Trolley
- Here Below
- Greenwich Mean
- Gunthers Bus
- The Fabulous Furys
- ZaksPack or ZaksPak or The PrattPack
- Justin Crossett Band
- Bordertown Country Rock
- The Krista Hartwig Band
- McKain Miller Band
- The Hey Red Band
Me – Leon “Corky” Zak
Michael Bonafede – My Brother
And more …